Ripples of Change
Name of School:
A.E. Bowers Elementary
Our school is considered:
In five words or less, describe your prototype
Infusing indigenous perspectives in school
Insert an image that showcases your prototype.
How might we?:
How might we infuse the Indigenous perspective into our daily activities at school?
Describe the prototype(s) your school will focus on. Get creative. Be sure to describe the various approaches staff will take, what you will keep your eye on and how staff plan to document their results.
What will we try?
- Working with:
- Elder Randy and Elder Line
- Chelsea Jackson
- Design Team
- Overlay indigenous perspective
• Are we consulting appropriately?
• Watch for appropriation
• Our work with Elders
• Student leadership conversations
• Students making reflections and connections between prior knowledge and new knowledge
• Group planning
• Group meetings
• Dioramas and murals
• Indigenous Fair Showcase
• Video documentation with Rick Gaudio
• Visual media: picture, photo, and video documentation