Provide student choice of format in project completion/assessment provided they are meeting outcomes.
Name of School:
Our school is considered:
In five words or less, describe your prototype
Provide student choice for assessment.
Insert an image that showcases your prototype.
How might we?:
- Discuss with students options for assessment of their learning/outcomes
- Take their feedback and make reasonable choices for option choices
- Consider specific learning needs and talents of current students to finalize choices for assessment options, (ie; students with high anxiety about presentations may want to video their presentation, present to the teacher and one friend privately instead of the entire class, artistic students may want to draw, paint, do a sculpture of their learning (if appropriate), students who have difficulty writing may do an oral assessment, use voice to text, .
- Provide students for rubrics based on the assessment modality they choose
Describe the prototype(s) your school will focus on. Get creative. Be sure to describe the various approaches staff will take, what you will keep your eye on and how staff plan to document their results.
- Variation of assessment choices and practices
- Depending on subject taught, teachers will explore a variety of logical possibilities for assessment choice for students
- Staff needs to come together to share what is working and what is not
- Document successes and issues that need to be addressed or improved upon