Name of School:
Our school is considered:
In five words or less, describe your prototype
Insert an image that showcases your prototype.
How might we?:
How might we maximize positive behaviour strategies to enhance student engagement within the school community?
How might we nurture positive relationships built on trust, support, and care for one another?
Describe the prototype(s) your school will focus on. Get creative. Be sure to describe the various approaches staff will take, what you will keep your eye on and how staff plan to document their results.
- Jigsaw - read, discuss, and work with Fostering Resilient Learners (Souers & Hall)
- Share professional learning resources to stimulate discussion, skill development, and systemically supportive structures.
- Include PBIS, conflict resolution and/or trauma-informed practices to support student behaviour/engagement.
- Meeting with Calgary Immigration Society around ELL supports.
- Meeting with Calgary Emergency Women's Shelter to develop Conflict Resolution and Healthy Relationship planning.
- Restorative Justice supports.
Look to increase social regulation and behavior
Student voice and involvement
Look to build in resiliency
- Survey results from Alberta Education APORI and RVS Satisfaction Survey.
- Anecdotal evidence from students, staff teachers, and parents regarding development of school culture.
- Staff book study of, "Relationship, Responsibility, and Regulation" by Sauers and Hall.
- Continue to develop Trauma-Informed Practices, PBIS.
-Restorative Justice Practices to increase supportive interventions with a proactive approach to conflict resolution.
- Number of opportunities for students to give back restoratively.
- Connecting with other RV Schools around restorative practices or PBIS
- Engaging students in the restorative practices/opportunities
- Opening activities outlining school expectations in the student handbook