Building a Culture of Engagement and Wellness
Name of Department/Branch:
École Edwards Elementary School
In five words or less, describe your prototype
Building positive engagement and participation!
Insert an image that showcases your prototype.
How might we?:
How might we foster relationships amongst students and staff that empower learning for all?
Describe the prototype(s) your Department/Branch will focus on. Get creative. Be sure to describe the various approaches staff will take, what you will keep your eye on and how staff plan to document their results.
will you try?
1.Create a PBIS Committee to explore how positive behaviour intervention model can support our students.
2.Support the professional learning around mental health in our students during school based professional learning days.
3.Create a Mental Health Wellness Committee to explore how to support student wellness in our Wellness Center and also support our staff wellness initiatives.
4.Support the development of wellness initiatives in the classrooms (ie. Calming Centers).
will you keep your eye on; what will occur that will give you insight?
1. Building understanding around PBIS and the steps we are taking to implement it at École Edwards Elementary.
2. Ensuring staff have support and coaching around wellness initiatives in their classrooms.
3. Organize PL around PBIS and Mental Health for Staff.
4. Support parent understanding of the steps we are taking to implement wellness initiatives in our school.
5. Be mindful of wellness of our staff as we take on this challenging work.
will you document your results?
1.Track student behaviour of incidents.
2.Survey staff following PL sessions.
3.Survey parents following Mental Health and Wellness Workshops for parents.
4.Track students using the wellness center.
5. Build a positive Behaviour Recognition Team Program based on the Circle of Courage.