Name of School:
A.E. Bowers Elementary
Our school is considered:
In five words or less, describe your prototype
Engage community in numeracy practices
Insert an image that showcases your prototype.
How might we?:
How might we increase numeracy practices and make numeracy visible within our community?
Describe the prototype(s) your school will focus on. Get creative. Be sure to describe the various approaches staff will take, what you will keep your eye on and how staff plan to document their results.
What will we try?
- Evaluate current practices
- Discover areas of strength and growth
- Develop a deeper understanding of numeracy progressions, share this understanding, and make it visible
- School-wide and targeted professional learning with numeracy leads at Rocky
- View Schools and school-based numeracy leads
- Elbow-to-elbow support
- Learning walks
- Collaborative, cross-graded teams
- Support increased understanding on numeracy with families
- Carrousel activities
What we will keep our eye on?
- Find and support alignment between grades and concepts
- Support a culture of sharing and continuity within numeracy
- Is numeracy visible and alive at our school?
How will we document?
- Sharing and celebrating our learnin
- Pictures, photo, and video documentation
- Interviews with teachers, students, and families
- Reflections and journals