Enhanced Communication of Student Learning
Name of School:
Our school is considered:
In five words or less, describe your prototype
Using Real Time Reporting to Improve Student Learning
Insert an image that showcases your prototype.
How might we?:
How might we implement Real Time Reporting to improve the communication of student learning and engage parents in decision making?
Describe the prototype(s) your school will focus on. Get creative. Be sure to describe the various approaches staff will take, what you will keep your eye on and how staff plan to document their results.
What will we try?
- Use available space in the building to share our learning journey and make learning visible.
- Bulletin boards will be used in a meaningful way to demonstrate the progression of skills from one grade to the next; student work will be accompanied by outcomes, rubrics, and reflections and will be paired with similar assignments from other grades.
- Provide shoulder to shoulder support teachers to help build confidence and competence when reporting online.
- Review PowerSchools analytics to measure and track parent and student access.
What will we keep our eye on?
- Are assignments and assessment tools becoming increasingly visible throughout the school?
- Are parents, students, and teachers engaging in robust discussions around assessment and achievement?
- Are families accessing PowerTeacher as a means to reflect upon their child/children's achievement
How will we document?
- The establishment of a fluid bulletin board to showcase student work, classroom projects and assessment tools
- PowerTeacher analytics
- Surveys to parents in the Spring to gauge their readiness for RealTime Reporting
- Facebook, Twitter, School Blog