School Wide Literacy Framework
Name of School:
Our school is considered:
In five words or less, describe your prototype
Common Literacy Framework
Insert an image that showcases your prototype.
How might we?:
Use current best practices to
develop a school wide literacy program at Kathyrn School?
Describe the prototype(s) your school will focus on. Get creative. Be sure to describe the various approaches staff will take, what you will keep your eye on and how staff plan to document their results.
1) Implementation of a school wide instructional literacy program
- Building on our past work with
literacy, we will continue to develop common practices around reading and
producing written work which will include common practices for struggling
2) Common Literacy Assessment practice, including a beginning and end of year whole school check in.
- More targeted/responsive
intervention for students that are struggling with literacy. A better understanding of the areas of
strength and areas of growth with regards to whole school literacy programing.
3) Staff will implement standards based assessment and reporting in their practice
- Using standards based assessment
to ensure that what we are teaching is aligned with the intended outcomes as
directed in the Program of Studies.