Employee Recognition: peer-to-peer
Name of Department/Branch:
In five words or less, describe your prototype
Provide additional opportunities for staff recognition
Insert an image that showcases your prototype.
How might we?:
Maximize a sense of belonging and value within the RVS division through engagement?
Describe the prototype(s) your Department/Branch will focus on. Get creative. Be sure to describe the various approaches staff will take, what you will keep your eye on and how staff plan to document their results.
Tiers of Recognition Program such as:
- Add birthdays & congratulatory notes to the Reception PowerPoint. Drop off candy at the birthday person's desk.
- Set up recognition/kudos white boards in the Oasis and Bistro so that staff can write out praise for one another.
- "Get to know you" program spotlighting different employee each week via email or bulletin board/newsletter.
- Acknowledgement boxes read at meetings with draw for RVS swag.
- Provide thank you notes in staff areas for easy appreciation tokens.
- At Ed Centre meetings/ events, recognize those that go "above and beyond"
- Also recognize personal achievements such as volunteering, ran a marathon, completed a major milestone, had a baby, etc.
- Develop employee awards in creativity, leadership, innovation, service and collaboration.
What to keep an eye on:
1) Will HR be onboard? - Get their buy in before proceeding
2) Talk to Communications regarding "Critical Friends" on recognition outcomes & feedback
3) Will staff be onboard?
- speak to Abi in transportation (expressed similar interest in recognition program)
- Survey Staff through Survey Monkey (anonminity); either all EC staff or select group based on feedback from HR
Will document conversations with HR, Communications and Transportation and review analytics from Survey Monkey at next Playbook meeting.