Teaching to Diversity
Name of School:
Our school is considered:
In five words or less, describe your prototype
Using ULE to support all students
Insert an image that showcases your prototype.
How might we?:
How might we implement the principles of Universal Learning Environments to support all students?
Describe the prototype(s) your school will focus on. Get creative. Be sure to describe the various approaches staff will take, what you will keep your eye on and how staff plan to document their results.
What will we try?
- Complete a classroom review of each class utilizing Faye Brownlee's work
- Work with teachers to complete a review with the classroom support template
- Work with teachers to choose an existing lesson and apply the "support framework"
- Develop a school based "Student Services Model" to improve program delivery.
What will we keep our eye on?
- Is teacher workload increasing or decreasing as a result of a change in the support model and/or instructional practices?
- What effect does this have on student engagement?
- Does this change our approach from being reactive to being proactive?
- Is there improved confidence in staff when delivering a program focused on ULE?
How will we document?
- Anecdotal notes will be shared with all staff members
- Tracking documents used to measure student achievement will be visible for all staff
- Planning frameworks will collected, shared and discussed at regular grade team meeting